PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
At the Site/Application, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia. The Site/Application will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with any of the Site/Application entities that you may have contracted with.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- The parties that we disclose the personal information to
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal information
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices and if you need further information, please contact the Site customer service support at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- “the Site” refers to https://globalline.my
- (“GLN / we / us”) refers to Global Line Network Sdn Bhd, a company incorporated in Malaysia under registration number 909753-U and having its registered address at 51-2, The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- “Personal Information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
- What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us to deal with your inquiries, to generally provide you with products and/or services, we may need to and/or may be required to collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) personal information about you, including but not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing or delivery) address, email address and, your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order;
- other information required to be able to process your order, such as information concerning the products you have ordered, the billing and delivery address, banking and/or credit card details;
- if you have contacted customer service, the details of this contact and the contact history.
- All of this data is characterized by the fact that you have provided this information yourself. We use this information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. You can always have your personal data corrected or object to further processing.
We may obtain this information from yourself and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, when using our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions, and during financial reviews;
- through your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents;
- from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to/from your account(s)/facility(ies);
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to better understand your current and future products preferences;
- to provide you with information on our and third party products, services and offers which may be of interest to you;
- to improve our products and services and to develop new products and services;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of products and services;
- to administer offers, competitions and promotions;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- to meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on the Site;
- for audit, compliance and risk management purposes;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- to conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, prevention and prosecution; to comply with any sanction requirements; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Please be assured that we will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you and/or your accounts and/or facilities with us to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, affiliates and/or professional advisers;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in providing value added services that you have requested;
- any other person notified by you as authorised to give instructions or to use the account(s)/facility(ies) or products or services on your behalf;
- any financial institutions, merchants, VISA International Services Association, MasterCard International Incorporated and other card associations in relation to any credit card and/or debit card issued to you by us; and/or
- any person connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights under your agreement(s) with us,
Subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Site (whether in or outside Malaysia).The afore-mentioned third parties may in some instances be located outside of Malaysia.
Additionally, the Site and our strategic partners may contact you about products, services and offers, which we believe may be of interest to you. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our strategic partners where your express prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Site (whether in or outside Malaysia).
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, from individual entities within the Site and/or from our strategic partners by notifying us at the telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
We will otherwise treat your Personal Information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside the Site except:
- where you have given permission;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over the Site;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority (whether in or outside Malaysia).
- Security Of Your Personal Information
Information is our asset and therefore the Site places great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures when processing your Personal Information.
Employees of the Site are trained to handle the personal information securely and with utmost respect, failing which they may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Retention Of Your Personal Information
The Site will retain your Personal Information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the Terms and Conditions of your agreement(s) with the Site for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of the Site and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by the Site’s relevant policies.
- What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in order form), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
- Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your Personal Information in the Site’s possession, or where you are of the opinion that such Personal Information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting us at the telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your Personal Information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee (if any). Please note that the Site may have to withhold access to your Personal Information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Please also note that the Site may use its discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
You can also assist us to keep your Personal Information (such as your current mailing address) up to date, as it will enable us to serve you better.
- Exercising Choices Over The Disclosure, Retention And Use Of Your Personal Information
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure, retention and use of your Personal Information. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact us at the telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Revision To Privacy Notice
We review and update the Privacy Notice periodically to reflect any changes resulting from our day-to-day business operations. You can always check the date of the Privacy Notice to find out when we last made any changes. We may notify you on the Site and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by the Site when we make significant changes that you must be aware of.
- Contacting Us About This Privacy Notice
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : +603 2703 4413